- About us
- Director and Management
- Board of the Institute
- Board of Trustees
- Tectonics and Geodynamics
- Czech Regional Seismological Network
- West Bohemia seismic network WEBNET
- Mobile seismic stations MOBNET
- Earth tides observatories
- Geomagnetic observatory Budkov
- Computing center
- Research & Teaching
- Studia G&G
Institute of Geophysics AS CR, v. v. i.
West Bohemia seismic network WEBNET
Monitoring the seismic activity of the West Bohemia/Vogtland earthquake swarms
For information about the recent seismic activity please follow the link above!
- Map of recent earthquakes - updated daily
- October 2008: M=4 swarm in Novy Kostel
- 8th West-Bohemia / Vogtland international workshop Geodynamics of swarm earthquake areas
- February 2007: "Fast" micro-swarm in Novy Kostel
- June 2005: New micro-swarm activity in Novy Kostel
- February 2004 micro-swarm in the Nový Kostel area
- Images of Seismicity of the whole area: 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006
- WEBNET - WEst Bohemia local seismic NETwork
- NW-Bohemia/Vogtland seismic activity
- Nový Kostel epicentral area
- January 1997 swarm
- August 2000 swarm
- Neunhöfer catalog
- WEBNET Catalogues of Local Earthquakes: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (updated), 2009, 2010
- People behind
The activity started in the evening of 23 August. Actual information about the evolution of EQ swarm you can find here.
The location of hypocenters directly below the NKC station, so it appears a new patch of the fault plane is being activated - see the joint plot pf all activity in NK area - the recent events are indicated in dark red.
February 2007: "Fast" micro-swarm in the Nový Kostel area
June 2005: New micro-swarm activity in the Nový Kostel area
22-Feb-2004: Deep micro-swarm in the Nový Kostel area
WEBNET: a local seismic network monitoring the NW-Bohemia earthquake swarm activity
Seismic activity in the whole NW-Bohemia/Vogtland region
Nový Kostel area
|Try the 3D view of the earthquakes in the Novy Kostel area. It displays a 3-dimensional view of the hypocentres occurred in this epicentral area witihn the period 1991-2001.
HELP: rotate the image by dragging by mouse; zoom the image by Shift+drag mouse up/down.
The animation was created using the Java applet LiveGraphics 3D by Martin Kraus and it works with IE 5.0 and later only.
January 1997 Ml 3.0 swarm
|Active people behind WEBNET
Send comments to Tomas Fischer, tomfis AT ig.cas.cz
Last update 2011-Aug-25